Post Title Play and Activities Officer
Rate of Pay £19,240 (pro rata)
Term of Contract 1 Year in the first instance.
Hours 15 Hours per week
Holidays 25 days + 8 statutory days pa pro rata
Responsible to: Communities Manager
Purpose of Job
To organise and deliver a range of play, games, activities and sports sessions for children, young people and families. This will include afterschool clubs, holiday activities and seasonal events. This is a fun and active role which will suit an enthusiastic and lively person who really enjoys working with a range of people.
1. To develop, organise and deliver activities, play, games and sport sessions for children, young people and families
2. To establish and maintain good working relationships with the local community, schools, local groups and organisations to maximise the participation of children, young people and families.
3. To encourage parents and volunteers to participate
4. To support volunteers to deliver weekly term time homework support, in person, or online.
5. To work in partnership with partner organisations and groups, including local schools, Sheffield City Council and local organisations.
6. To monitor and evaluate activities ensuring effective data collection and to provide reports as required.
7. To organise sessions from a given budget, process orders and invoices as required and monitor the use of resources
8. To assist with the marketing and promotion of services including updating the website and social media
9. To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
10. To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with Company policies and procedures, particularly those relating to Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety.
11. Any other duties as agreed with the line manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of work with children, young people and families in a community setting
- Experience of supervising volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
- IT literate and confident using Microsoft Office Suite and Video calling Software
- Knowledge of GDPR compliance in relation to data collection/sharing as part of data collection duty
- Experience of organising and delivering one or more of the following:
1) Play sessions
2) Educational Activities
3) Sports activities
4) Arts and crafts
5) Music, theatre and dance
6) Environmental activities
7) Outdoor activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written, verbal and face to face
- Ability to contact, engage, inspire and motivate children, young people and families
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexible approach
Circumstances, Commitment and personal qualities
Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Experience of working in disadvantaged communities
Experience in a similar role
All applications must be on a Zest application form. Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to
Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA
Closing date: Friday 18thth June at 5pm
Interviews will take place on Friday 25th June, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.