Post Title Marketing & Communications Manager
Location Zest Centre
Salary £28,000- £30,000 pro rata
Term of Contract 12 months (initial)
Hours 29.6 hours a week (0.8 fte)
Holidays 25 days + 8 statutory days pa
Responsible to Chief Executive
Purpose of Job
The post-holder will be responsible for developing and implementing effective marketing and communication strategies to promote Zest services and products.
The role will be focused on establishing and developing the Live Lighter Sheffield brand as the service expands and diversifies, establishing and developing the Smokefree Service for Young People brand to increase local engagement and referrals; and planning and advising on promotional campaigns to increase Zest Leisure services take up.
- To work with the Live Lighter Sheffield (LLS) team to develop the brand and promote the service to key audiences across the city.
- To work with Live Lighter Sheffield commissioner and external service providers to ensure brand alignment.
- To develop a programme of targeted promotional campaigns and materials for each service in line with brand guidelines.
- To increase social media presence and oversee social media content to ensure quality and relevance for LLS, Smokefree and Zest Leisure services.
- To oversee website content development for LLS, Smokefree and Zest Leisure services
- To promote the LLS and Smokefree service to other professionals through the promotion of Very Brief Advice (VBA) Training including: a marketing pack for key agencies, targeting approaches to key agencies and design of VBA training materials.
- To provide stakeholders with branded templates and designs for training and promotional materials.
- To support development of effective company-wide communications.
- To establish good communications and working relationships with partner organisations.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Line Manager.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with Zest policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and safeguarding.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in marketing or related field
- Experience of brand development and management
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing plans and campaigns
- Evidence of delivering increased sales and/ or service referrals through marketing activity
- Good IT skills in a range of design software packages
- Experience in developing and managing effective social media content
- Experience of developing and maintaining effective partnerships
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Good team working skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal including an ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds
Circumstances and Commitment
- Support for the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
Zest Vision and Values
Our vision is to enable everyone in our communities to lead successful and healthy lives.
Our mission is threefold:
- To provide a healthy living centre delivering responsive services to tackle local inequalities, including:
- Health and wellbeing
- Employment and skills
- Sport, leisure and recreation
- To foster communities where everyone feels welcomed, valued and can fully participate in the life of the community.
- To play an active role in supporting other disadvantaged communities in Sheffield.
Zest delivers a range of services centering on a whole household approach, recognising that families and individuals have complex issues which may not be addressed by a single service.
To achieve the best personal outcomes we navigate individuals and families through a tailored journey of support that can involve accessing a range of joined up wellbeing support services provided and hosted by Zest.
We strive to keep our services and facilities affordable, physically and culturally accessible. We run a range of tailored sessions including women only and disability specific swim sessions, and host the only ramp access swimming pool in the city
We empower local people and address local need by identifying the strengths within our community.
We collaborate by default to identify issues, push for change, develop solutions and deliver collective approaches and achieve the best outcomes for our local communities.
Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA
For an informal chat about the role please e-mail email@example.com to arrange a call back.
Closing date: Friday 23rd July 2021 at 5.00pm
Interviews will take place w/c 2nd August 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Zest is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.