Post Title Health Services Manager
Location Zest Centre
Rate of Pay £29,200 – £31,500 dependent on experience
Hours 0.8 FTE
Holidays 25 days + 8 statutory days pa
Responsible to Line Manager
We are also offering a joining bonus of £500 for the right candidate on completion of the three month probationary period.
Please note this is initially a fixed term contract, anticipated until 31st March 2023 with a view to extending subject to funding.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead our Health Team. We are looking for the right person to be responsible for the management and development of Zest’s public health services which offer a range of interventions to individuals and the local community. The postholder will be responsible for all aspects of day to day delivery of services, including management of staff and resources.
You must have experience of managing services and projects, in addition to excellent communication skills and working relationships with partner organisations. You should have experience of effective data collection and monitoring of services and be able to provide reports, both written and verbal, to the PCT, senior management and others as appropriate.
Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the management and development of Zest’s local public health services which offer support and a range of interventions to individuals, families and the local community. The postholder will be responsible for the management of staff and resources and ensuring contract requirements are being met.
1. To work flexibly as a member of the Zest management team.
2. To be responsible for the effective management and development of the Zest public health delivery team and to develop and establish effective work programmes.
3. To ensure that there is an excellent quality of service provision.
4. To be responsible for the effective data collection and monitoring of the services and to provide reports, both written and verbal, to Sheffield City Council, senior management and others as appropriate.
5. To establish good communication and working relationships with the partner organisations, commissioners and the community and other agencies.
6. To be responsible for promotional & marketing activities to encourage the take up of services.
7. To ensure that service users have opportunities to evaluate the services and can contribute to its ongoing development.
8. To be responsible for budget management and financial performance of both services.
9. To develop public health services in line with Zest’s strategy. This will include preparing funding bids and tenders.
10. To maintain an up to date knowledge of policy and practice developments in relation to public health.
11. To ensure that services works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
12. To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Line Manager.
13. To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and regarding volunteers who will work with children and vulnerable adults. This will include DBS checks are carried out where necessary
Knowledge and Experience
• Experience of managing services and projects
• Experience of managing budgets and resources
• Experience of managing staff and leading a team
• Experiencing of submitting funding bids and/or tenders
• Experience/understanding of managing performance against contracts
• Experience of developing and maintaining partnership working
• Experience of public health work in community settings
• Understanding of government and local policies re: public health
• Educated to degree level
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative
• Ability to work in a team
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal
• Good IT skills
• Flexible approach to work
Circumstances and Commitment
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends
• Commitment to equality of opportunity
All applications must be on a Zest Application Form – we will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to – Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA. Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 4th March at 17:00
Interviews will take place via Zoom on Thursday 10th March 2022.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.