Post Title Health and Wellbeing Coach
Location Zest Centre and citywide
Salary £22,660 pro-rata (0.2-0.8 f.t.e.)
Hours 2 – 4 days (this could be 2 x 2-day roles, or 1x 4-day role.
Holidays 25 days pa plus 8 statutory holidays pro rata
Responsible to Health Services Coordinator
Purpose of Job
To deliver 1:1 and group support to people living with dementia. You will also advise and support health coaching clients to develop healthier behaviours and lifestyles. To coach individuals and groups to use behavioural change techniques and support them to empower themselves to identify, make and sustain lifestyle changes to improve their own health and wellbeing.
- To work flexibly as a member of the Zest for Health team, liaising with colleagues as appropriate.
- To work with GP surgeries to identify and engage clients who would benefit from health trainer support.
- To provide support to people living with dementia who live locally. This will involve 1:1 support calls and facilitating group activities in the area.
- To be fully responsible for a caseload of clients, providing one to one and group-based support and advice. You will:
- a. Support clients to identify how their behaviour might affect their health and well-being and to understand the barriers they may have in relation to changing this
- b. Work with clients to develop Personal Care plans to make changes that support their health and well-being
- c. Support clients, through motivation, behaviour change methods and empowerment, to help make healthy lifestyle changes and sustain lasting health improvement, usually 6 coaching meetings with each client
- d. Support clients to access and use local services
- e. Respond in a timely manner to client referrals, in line with contract Key Performance Indicators, ensuring all forms of communication are exhausted (text service, phone calls, emails)
- f. Keep accurate records and enter client information onto relevant databases, recognising GDPR
- g. Measure client progress through assessments and outcome measurement tools and record in the electronic client record
- h. Report to the Manager the progress of the case load on a regular basis and discuss any arising issues.
- i . Support the promotion of health and health improvement within the local community as appropriate, signposting where appropriate and maintaining good relationships with local agencies.
- To contribute to and provide cover for physical activity groups as appropriate (e.g. Health walks).
- Deliver group activities and short courses (e.g. Women’s Health and Wellbeing course), working with colleagues to develop course content where appropriate.
- Locate reputable resources to assist behaviour change, maintaining an adequate supply of locally appropriate resources to share
- Take an active part in developing own knowledge and skills and actively participate in Multi-disciplinary team meetings to share best practice and review cases.
- To carry out any associated administrative duties as required
- To ensure the service works towards best practice in equality of opportunity.
- To undertake training and other development activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Manager.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and regarding volunteers who will work with children and vulnerable adults.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working with people living with dementia
- Experience of managing own caseload of clients
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Experience of supporting clients in one to one and group work settings
- Experience of delivering health related training to adults
- Excellent communication skills and experience of sharing information to a range of audiences
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work in a team
- Good IT Skills
- Experience of data collection and monitoring
- Good standard of spoken and written English
Circumstances and Commitment
- Able to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- To support the aims of Zest
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- Ability to travel around the city
- Knowledge of local communities and local health issues
- Understanding of relevant government policy and guidelines re: obesity/nutrition/physical activity and the 5 ways to wellbeing
- Ability to speak more then one language that is used by local people
All applications must be on a Zest application form – we will not accept CVs. Completed application forms must be returned to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk or posted to – Zest, 18 Upperthorpe, Sheffield S6 3NA. Any informal enquiries regarding this post should be directed to email@example.com
Closing date: 5pm Friday 12th May
Interviews will take place Monday the 22nd of May.
ZEST is working towards best-practice in equality of opportunity.