|Community Coordinator (This Community Can)
The project is currently funded until Feb 2023
|Up to 30 days + statutory days (pro-rata) per annum
Do you want to make a difference to people’s lives? Do you want to play an important role in strengthening communities in the wake of Covid-19? This project aims to build connections within communities through recruiting and empowering local people to provide community activities for their neighbours. This role will be as varied and diverse as the community in which you work, you will be supporting activities such as cook-outs, gardening projects, street parties, craft groups, children’s activities and much more.
As an organisation continually striving to improve the equality of opportunities for all groups, Zest is eager for applications from people that identify with any marginalised or underrepresented group. Our application process is designed to eliminate unconscious bias wherever possible, feel free to get in touch for more information. We are also open to flexible working patterns and offer a range of health benefits to support our employees’ well-being.
Purpose of Job
To recruit, train and support ‘Community Connector’ volunteers as part of ‘This Community Can’ project. To support volunteers and local residents to co-design and deliver activities and projects. To identify vulnerable and isolated people to refer into local services and activities.
- To recruit, train and support local people as Community Connectors in one or more specific target areas of Philadelphia Estate, Langsett, Martin Street Tower Blocks and Edward Street/Netherthorpe.
- To work with Zest services and local partners such as the Zest Health team, GP surgeries, tenants’ associations, community support workers and others to identify, engage and signpost vulnerable and isolated people.
- To carry out local co-design and co-production activities with volunteers and residents to ensure that their voice shapes the design, delivery and evaluation of This Community Can activities and projects.
- To work within Zest’s systems, procedures and resources regarding the recruitment, training and support of volunteers
- To record and provide monitoring data and information.
- To assist with promotional & marketing activities
- To ensure that services work towards best practice in equality of opportunity
- To undertake any other duties as agreed with the Line Manager
- To undertake training and other developmental activity in line with organisational and personal development needs.
To carry out all duties and responsibilities as described in line with ZEST policies and procedures, with particular attention to those relating to Equal Opportunities, Health and Safety and regarding volunteers who will work with children and vulnerable adults. This will include DBS checks are carried out where necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of recruiting and supervising volunteers.
- Experience supporting groups
- At least 1 years’ experience of working in a community setting
- Experience of co-producing, developing and organising events and sessions
- Experience of working across multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate in person and by telephone with people from a range of backgrounds.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Good IT skills including Word, Outlook and databases.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- An enhanced DBS check will be required for this post.
- Commitment to equality of opportunity
- To maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding.
- Experience and knowledge of working in the local neighbourhood areas of Netherthorpe, Upperthorpe & Langsett
- Experience in a similar role
- Full driving licence and own transport
Closing date: 6th April 5pm
Application forms can be found here.
Completed Applications should be sent to HR@zestcommunity.co.uk
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview